زیر مجموعه: Micro/NANO-Electro-Mechanical-Systems
منتشر شده در 15 فروردين 1393
Smart Material Systems and MEMS: Design and Development Methodologies
Presenting unified coverage of the design and modeling of smart micro- and macrosystems, this book addresses fabrication issues and outlines the challenges faced by engineers working with smart sensors in a variety of applications.
Part I deals with the fundamental concepts of a typical smart system and its constituent components. Preliminary fabrication and characterization concepts are introduced before design principles are discussed in detail. Part III presents a comprehensive account of the modeling of smart systems, smart sensors and actuators. Part IV builds upon the fundamental concepts to analyze fabrication techniques for silicon-based MEMS in more detail.
Practicing engineers will benefit from the detailed assessment of applications in communications technology, aerospace, biomedical and mechanical engineering. The book provides an essential reference or textbook for graduates following a course in smart sensors, actuators and systems.
From the Back Cover
Smart technology is a progressive field that is currently being used to address many challenges in aerospace, automotive, civil, mechanical, biomedical and communication engineering disciplines. Influenced by biological systems, smart materials are often attached to or embedded into structural systems to enable them to sense disturbances, process the information and react to it. This therefore improves the overall reliability, efficiency and sustainability of a system or structure. Now, miniaturisation has resulted in faster devices with reduced fabrication costs and the possibility of integration with electronics, thereby simplifying systems and reducing the power requirements.
This book presents a unified treatment of the design and modelling of smart material systems and Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), addressing both fabrication issues and outlining important potential application areas for the technology. With numerous case studies and illustrative examples, Varadan et al. cover in detail:
- the fundamentals of smart systems and materials characterization;
- design principles for sensors and actuators, analysing bulk sensors, micro sensors and some commonly available devices such as gyroscopes, pressure sensors and chemical and biosensors;
- the modelling of smart systems, including special techniques for studying MEMS- and carbon nanotube (CNT) -based sensors and actuators;
- fabrication techniques, providing details of bulk and surface micromachining concepts for silicon-based processing of MEMS and polymer-based systems;
- practical application issues, using smart technology to solve real world problems in a range of engineering fields.
A valuable reference for students taking courses in smart sensors, actuators and systems, Smart Material Systems and MEMS: Design and Development Methodologies is also useful for practising engineers, researchers and developers of microsystems working in industry.
- صفحات : 418 pages
- نشر شده : (Wiley; 1 edition (October 6, 2006
- زبان : English
- نوع فایل : PDF فشرده شده
- حجم : 16.9MB
پسورد : www.iranmems.ir
- گزارش خطا: این آدرس ایمیل توسط spambots حفاظت می شود. برای دیدن شما نیاز به جاوا اسکریپت دارید